Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nebraska Learns 2.0: The Community

No "Thing" this time. I spent the whole evening looking at the blogs of all the Nebraska Learns 2.0 participants.

Yeah. All of them. Four and a half hours on a Saturday night. I can't promise that I read every single post on each blog, but I did visit every blog, and I did read at least a couple posts from each participant. For the handful I'd already been following via RSS, I re-read my favorite posts.

It's sad, but not surprising, how many folks made it only through the first couple of things, then dropped out. I was almost one of those, with my month-long lapse. I'm really glad I decided to pick it up again and run with it. I am determined to finish by the deadline.

It was definitely worth the time to visit all the participants' blogs, and not just because of all the pretty Flickr pictures or the fun YouTube videos. I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments on Things 11 and 16. A lot of folks wrote deep, thoughtful essays about technology and Library 2.0. I plan to add my favorites to the Nebraska Learns 2.0 wiki later, when I'm at a computer with a browser that's compatible with PBwiki.

Well, it's way past my bedtime, so I think I'm going to call it quits for tonight.

No comments: