Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thing #5

Thing #5: Instant Messaging

Well, this one was easy too! We've already had instant messaging at work for quite a while. I've used my Google Talk account to visit with coworkers on occasion, and to resolve problems. It's a pretty handy tool. Of course, the hard part is remembering to change my status when I leave my desk.

Anyway, if you can catch me during the work day (if I remember to log in), my Google Talk username is: crisslibraryakroeger

For some reason, I don't seem to be able to log into my Google Talk account through Meebo. It tells me there's a problem with my login and password, although I'm using the same login have for my Google Talk. For that matter, I can't log into Google Talk via the web, either. It tells me it can't find any usernames associated with my e-mail address. However, I can log into Google Talk via the application on my hard drive, with the same username that Google Accounts can't find, and it works fine. I just used it to chat with Allana at the Nebraska Library Commission, so obviously my username exists and it works. I couldn't find a satisfactory explanation in the Google Help files. Anyone have any ideas?

For now, I'll keep using Google Talk from the app, since that still works. But someday I'll get a new computer here at work, and then I'll have to come up with a new solution.

No comments: