Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thing #4

Okay, time for Thing #4: Register your blog and join the party. Easy and done.

I did fill out my learning contract (part of Thing #2). My goal is simply to complete every one of the 23 Things by January 30, 2009. Some of them are things I've already done on my own, like blogging. Others, however, are things I've been actively avoiding, like YouTube , Flickr, and podcasts. Why have I been avoiding these things? Well, two reasons. One, at work, I don't generally have time to play with things that aren't directly related to my job. At home, I have a dial-up connection, so I avoid anything that takes a long time to load. So now is my opportunity to explore these things. I have the support and encouragement of my supervisor and my departmental director to participate in 23 Things. So the barrier is down, and I'll have a chance to explore and use these things. Who knows, I may come up with ways to make them useful to my job. At the very least, though, I'll know more about them if I have to help someone else use them.

The learning contract looks like a useful tool. I may modify it for use with other projects.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Glad to hear you have institutional support to explore the 23 things at work. There's a lot of creative library-related stuff out there on Flickr and YouTube!